Online travel health advice and answers from an experienced Registered Nurse.
The Travel Clinic is here to answer all your travel health related questions before you set off on your gap year or backpacking trip. For a range of frequently asked questions and general travel health articles look in the travel health section here.
If you can’t find the information you need, or you need further advice or clarification, then this section is for you. Offering expert online travel health advice from a qualified nurse you can email your questions and receive a consultation with complete privacy and confidentiality. It is that simple.
This service is here for any traveller or backpacker about to set off on their round the world trip or backpacking adventure.
Do you have any questions at all about:
- Country specific health advice?
- General travel illnesses and diseases?
- Accident and illness or disease prevention or treatment?
- What to do if you get injured or ill on the road?
- Staying fit and healthy on the road?
- Malaria, dengue fever and antimalarial prophylaxis?
- Mosquito bite prevention?
- Or any other travel health related issue or question?
Then this service is for you.
Please feel free to get in touch with the contact form below and let me know which package suits you best.
For just £20 you get an half hour long dedicated consultation via skype where you can discuss any travel health query or problem you may have. In this time you will get answers to your initial specific questions and you can get personalised, individual advice from a nurse as well as an experienced traveller.
In this consultation I can:
- Evaluate your immunisation status and advise you on what vaccinations are currently recommended or necessary for the specific countries you will be visiting and the type of activities you will engage in.
- Advise you on malaria and dengue fever as well as mosquito bite prevention.
- Advise you if it is necessary to take antimalarial prophylaxis based on the specific countries you will be visiting and the type of activities you will engage in.
- Give you all the information you need on staying fit and healthy on the road.
- Cover health and hygiene issues.
- Answer all your questions on general travel illnesses and what to do if you become ill abroad.
- Answer any of your specific travel health relate concerns and questions.
- Give you impartial, professional advice on where to go next to get your vaccinations or prophylaxis. I am not affiliated with any company so you can be sure that any recommendations are fully impartial and based on your best interests.
A half hour one on one consultation costs just £20.
If you need longer than half an hour or have multiple issues to discuss, then 2 half hour blocks can be booked at the discounted rate of £30.
Now remember, an online travel clinic will not be right for everyone, sometimes people may need further tests or physical examinations based on their individual needs. Your health is my absolute priority, and if after seeing your contact form I think your needs are best served by another health service and I can’t help you, then I will not take a penny off you and will point you in the right direction where you can get advice.
It’s easy, just choose the package that suits your needs best and click the link to the contact form below. Please try to answer all of the questions as thoroughly and honestly as you can because the more I know, the more I will be able to help you. All information is in the strictest confidence and is not stored or kept in any way after the consultation.
The information provided by the travel clinic is here for general travel health advice and information only. It is not a replacement for a personal consultation with a travel nurse specialist, your GP or a doctor specialising in travel medicine. This advice is based on current health advice and guidelines and given by a qualified nurse, but you will still need to make a physical appointment with your GP or travel nurse specialist to obtain any vaccinations or medications and responsibility for the prescribing and dispensing of any vaccination or medication lies with them. Advice on which vaccinations or antimalarial prophylaxis is advisable to use is based on national guidelines and this website can accept no responsibility for negative side effects of any vaccination or prophylaxis. Dependent on the nature of your medical history and the information you supply, an online consultation may not be the best fit for you and in those circumstances I will point you to your own GP or nurse specialist who will have full access to your medical history and will be able to perform a range of observations and tests that could supplement or inform any advice given. This website cannot accept any responsibility for any use or misuse of the general advice given.