This competition is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered!
Have you been dreaming of a gap year? A round the world trip? Something, anything to get you away from the miserable, changeable weather and the mundane drudgery of the 9 to 5? Or maybe something to give your life some meaning, some purpose, some time away while you re-evaluate a few priorities? Or do you want to just bum about on a tropical beach for a few months?
Well backpacking will certainly give you all of that and so much more besides, and to get you started on the road to planning your trip I’m giving away a copy of my book Backpacking: the ultimate guide to first time around the world travel!
Bemused Backpacker’s guide to backpacking is an indispensable guide to first time, independent round the world travel. Full of advice from an experienced backpacker on how to plan your very first trip, this book contains all the information you need to get started and travel the world independently, cheaply and easily. If you are planning to backpack around the world on a gap year or just to a specific destination for a month or two, then you need this invaluable book. Learn all the things you need to know before and during your travels, and be inspired to get that plane ticket and discover the wonders of backpacking.
- Understand how and why anyone can go backpacking at any time, from solo backpackers to entire families of flashpackers, and learn how you can do it too.
- Learn all you need to know about how to travel on a budget, or travel with a bit more luxury at a reasonable rate.
- Learn how to save thousands of pounds, dollars, euros or whatever you use by choosing to travel independently.
- Learn how to choose the right flights for you, from RTW tickets to single one ways, and how to choose the right accommodation.
- Learn how to barter and haggle your way into some great deals, saving you a lot of money on your travels.
- Let me walk you through the maze of visas, insurance and administration nonsense and show you how simple it all can be.
- Learn the important facts about volunteering and working abroad, and how to avoid the unscrupulous companies that exploit local communities instead of helping them.
- Get useful advice on what to pack, what to take and more importantly what you don’t need to take with you on your trip.
- Get expert hints and tips on safety and security whilst abroad, including lists of the most commonly used scams and cons and a section on solo female backpacker safety.
- Get expert travel health advice from a qualified and registered health professional, including what vaccinations to get before you go.
So how would you like a chance to win a copy for yourself?
How To Enter.
Entering couldn’t be simpler. For your chance to win a copy all you have to do is leave me a message below this post and like Bemused Backpacker on Facebook. Click onto Bemused Backpacker’s Facebook page here or on the button below, and click ‘Like’. That’s it!
If you want another way to enter then simply leave a message below, then follow Bemused Backpacker on Twitter here, or with the button below and tweet a comment. It doesn’t matter what the comment is, as long as it’s nice and it includes the term Bemused Backpacker!
If you do both, you will be entered twice!
For all you amazing people who have already followed Bemused Backpacker on Facebook or Twitter then you still have a chance to win, just leave a message below and send a tweet or leave a message on Facebook. That is it.
The competition will run for the whole of July, and the lucky winner will be picked at random and notified via Facebook or Twitter on July 31st 2013.
What did you think of the article? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below or on my Facebook or Twitter pages and please feel free to share it with any or all of the social media buttons. If you want to get more great backpacking tips, advice and inspiration, please subscribe to updates via email in the box to your right.