Online travel health advice and answers from an experienced travel nurse.
The Travel Clinic is here to answer all your travel health related questions before you set off on your gap year or backpacking trip. For a range of frequently asked questions and general travel health articles look in the travel health section here.
If you can’t find the information you need, you need further advice or clarification on something specific to you or you just want to talk to a qualified professional who has travelled the world and learned what it is like first hand, then this section is for you.
Offering expert online travel health advice from a qualified nurse, the travel clinic is here for you. You can email your questions through the contact form and receive an online one to one consultation with complete privacy and confidentiality. It is that simple.
Who is it for?
This service is here for any traveller or backpacker about to set off on their round the world trip or backpacking adventure. It is for anyone who is dreaming of travel but is worried about their health, anyone who is planning a specific trip and needs advice on specific health issues or anyone who wants to reduce any potential health risk when they travel.
Do you have any questions at all about:
- Country specific health advice?
- General travel illnesses and diseases?
- Accident and illness or disease prevention or treatment?
- What to do if you get injured or ill on the road?
- Staying fit and healthy on the road?
- Malaria, dengue fever and antimalarial prophylaxis?
- Mosquito bite prevention?
- Or any other travel health related issue or question?
Then this service is for you.
Please feel free to get in touch with the contact form below and let me know which package suits you best.
What does it include?
For just £20 you get an half hour long dedicated online consultation where you can discuss any travel health query or problem you may have. In this time you will get answers to your initial specific questions and you can get personalised, individual advice from a nurse as well as an experienced traveller.
In this consultation I can:
- Evaluate your immunisation status and advise you on what vaccinations are currently recommended or necessary for the specific countries you will be visiting and the type of activities you will engage in.
- Advise you on malaria and dengue fever as well as mosquito bite prevention.
- Advise you if it is necessary to take antimalarial prophylaxis based on the specific countries you will be visiting and the type of activities you will engage in.
- Give you all the information you need on staying fit and healthy on the road.
- Cover health and hygiene issues.
- Answer all your questions on general travel illnesses and what to do if you become ill abroad.
- Answer any of your specific travel health relate concerns and questions.
- Give you impartial, professional advice on where to go next to get your vaccinations or prophylaxis. I am not affiliated with any company so you can be sure that any recommendations are fully impartial and based on your best interests.
How much does it cost?
A half hour one on one consultation costs just £20.
If you need longer than half an hour or have multiple issues to discuss, then 2 half hour blocks can be booked at the discounted rate of £30.
Now remember, an online travel clinic will not be right for everyone, sometimes people may need further tests or physical examinations based on their individual needs. Your health is my absolute priority and if after seeing your contact form I think your needs are best served by another health service and I can’t help you, then I will not take a penny off you and will point you in the right direction where you can get advice.
How do I make an appointment?
It’s easy, just choose the package that suits your needs best and click the link to the contact form below. Please try to answer all of the questions as thoroughly and honestly as you can because the more I know, the more I will be able to help you. All information is in the strictest confidence and is not stored or kept in any way after the consultation.