The Travel Clinic is here to provide all travellers and backpackers with impartial, professional travel health advice before they set off on their gap year or round the world adventure.
I believe in prevention being a huge part of the cure, and that being as fully informed as possible before you set off on your adventure is a vital part of keeping yourself safe and healthy on the road, and that is why I have always provided – and will continue to provide – general travel health advice and tips on my website.
“As well as being a seasoned traveller with over ten years experience backpacking around the globe, I am also a fully qualified and registered nurse with an interest in emergency nursing and travel medicine.”
Sometimes you need more than general travel health tips. Sometimes you need more personalized one on one advice. It can be confusing when trying to swim through the tidal wave of health information to know for sure which is applicable to you and the specifics of your trip.
Sometimes the general advice just isn’t enough for your individual circumstances.
What does it include?
The Travel Clinic can provide professional advice based on national and international guidelines and applicable to your unique, individual needs. I can:
- Evaluate your immunisation status and advise you on what vaccinations are recommended or necessary for the specific countries you will be visiting and the type of activities you will engage in.
- Advise you on malaria and dengue fever as well as mosquito bite prevention.
- Advise you if it is necessary to take antimalarial prophylaxis based on the specific countries you will be visiting and the type of activities you will engage in.
- Give you all the information you need on staying fit and healthy on the road.
- Cover health and hygiene issues.
- Answer all your questions on general travel illnesses and what to do if you become ill abroad.
- Answer any of your specific travel health relate concerns and questions.
- Give you impartial, professional advice on where to go next to get your vaccinations or prophylaxis. I am not affiliated with any company so you can be sure that any recommendations are fully impartial and based on your best interests.
Why work with me?
As well as being a seasoned traveller with over ten years travelling the globe, I am also a fully qualified and registered nurse with an interest in emergency nursing and travel medicine. I have volunteered as an expedition medic on trips through jungle, desert and mountainous terrain on numerous continents and I have seen and dealt with most things that can happen to you on your adventures.
If you want specialised, professional advice with a personal service from someone who has been there, then that is what I am here for.
How do I make an appointment?
It’s easy. Just click on the link below and it will take you to the consultation page where you can learn more about the service and fill in the pre assessment questionnaire.